PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Foodie Hunt: Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa


My Story

I first learnt about Ghirardelli from a chocolate program that was playing on cable TV. The Chocoholic in me fell instantly in love with what I saw. From the ice cream sundaes to the shelves of chocolate bars! How I wish I lived in America.
Nevertheless I jotted down the name "Ghirardelli" and found that they produce Hot Chocolate! One of my fave chocolate treats! A nationwide search went underway with me searching everywhere for the wonderful golden tin. But none were to be found. After a few years, I had given up hope of ever finding it in Malaysia. And so I looked to other countries for a taste of chocolate heaven.

Singapore was a dead-end, I was in complete shock. But then, on the last fateful day of my holiday in Hong Kong last year, I happened upon City Super, a lovely supermarket that stocks foods from all over the world! And guess what I found there. GHIRARDELLI!!!! And you know what I did? I swiped all the stock they had on the shelves. Yes, I did!


But What Did I Think of It? Was All the Fuss Worth It?

It sure was! Having exhausted all hot chocolate products available in supermarkets nationwide, Ghirardelli's Hot Chocolate is by far SUPERIOR! Made into a simple yet delectable drink by just adding hot water, it's deep chocolatey hue sends my heart racing in anticipation.Couple that with the extremely pleasant aroma only chocolate gives off and it becomes a little cup of heaven on Earth. Imagine stirring in some reduced milk or even some Bailey's Irish Cream!

All that and I haven't even started on the taste yet. As the rich nectar swirls around in your mouth, you suddenly understand why chocolate was the food of kings in the olden days. Just a sip renders any headaches non-existent with pleasure taking its place.

There are even recipes on the other side of the tin, one being a recipe for what else, but hot chocolate! I'd say you can't go wrong with Ghirardelli, and if you're blessed enough to live in a country which stocks the stuff, take advantage and try out all their other great flavours! I will be seething in jealousy all the way over here.


This liquid nectar can be found at City Super, Hong Kong and is priced at HK$55 for 454g.

Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review financially or otherwise. This was bought for my own use. Everything mentioned are my own thoughts based on my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to my blog! I love reading your thoughts